2 Days Volcano Hike
3 Days Nyiragongo Volcano Hike
1: Pick up from Kigali to Goma
After your breakfast at your hotel or residence, you will be picked and transferred to Gisenyi which is the largest port on Lake Kivu. A boat cruise of Africa’s highest lake will reward you with captivating views of islands and far sights of the Nyiragongo volcano. Have lunch there and proceed to cross the border with Congo to the town of Goma which is the capital of the North kivu province. Dinner and overnight.
- Luxury: Ihusi Hotel / Cap Kivu Hotel
- Moderate: Linda Hotel Goma / VIP Palace 2 Hotel
Day 2: Nyiragongo Hike
In the morning, you will pack your bags and get ready to hike one of the most active and violent volcanoes on the continent with the world’s most fluid and largest lava lake. Nyiragongo Volcano is located in the east of DR Congo, around 19 km from Goma, and is the most active volcano in the world. In 1997 and 2002, flows of very liquid lava broke out from cracks in the volcanic slopes as lava flowed at a terrific speed killing scores of people and displacing hundreds of thousands in the town of Goma. The 4-5 hours hike through lush rainforest will climax with a fascinating view of this lava lake as you chill out for a night at the crater rim. Overnight in tents at the top of the volcano.
Day 3: Descend the Volcano and transfer back to Kigali
After breakfast, start descent for a transfer back to Gisenyi where you will later transfer to Kigali for an overnight or late flight back home.
End of tour.
Included in this tour Package;
- Gorilla permit
- Relevant government taxes
- Full board accommodation
- Full time English/ French speaking Driver/ Guide
- Ground transportation by a 4x4 wheel drive
- Bottled drinking water while trekking and in vehicle
- Airport transfers, as long as your flight is on the same day on which your safari ends
- Visa fees
- Personal insurance
- Expenses of personal natures such as; drinks, tips, laundry, telephone, cigarettes, accommodation & meals not indicated in the itinerary and optional activities.